Educational Gifts Last a Lifetime
Do you want to achieve your passion?
Are you interested in supporting student success?
Do you desire to make a gift that aligns your charitable goals
with longer term financial goals?
Is leaving a lasting legacy important to you?
Do you want to help create a stronger community?
Consider creating a stronger Bay College and community by making an investment in education from your current assets or while planning your estate. Gifts to Bay College can be given at any time and be designated to support whichever campus or promising opportunity you choose. Gifts may also be given without restriction so Bay College can deploy resources where they are needed most.
Priority areas of greatest impact include
PEOPLE the students, faculty, and staff are the frontline of new ideas
- Student scholarships for academic reward and financial assistance top the list
- Faculty & Staff professional development is always in demand
PLACES inspiring state-of-the-art environments that allow great minds to grow
- Allied health program expansion and advancement are paramount to meet the needs of our aging population
- Student success center to advance academic support for all students and our communities
- Equipment, improvements and technology to advance learning environments
PROGRAMS promoting excellence, and turning today’s problems into tomorrow’s solutions
- Academic innovation and new program development to meet current employment demands, future needs and promote
- economic development
- Arts & cultural enrichment, community learning and job training to advance and expand our lives
Annual Giving Campaign
Every fall, Bay College develops support from employees, businesses, organizations and community members to support student and community success. Donors to the annual fund play a major role in supporting the College's infrastructure and educational enhancements, as well as scholarships. In fact, over the past several decades, the Foundation has contributed over $1,000,000 to the College from the generosity of partners supporting the annual fund drive.
A wide variety of projects have received funding through the Foundation's annual fund drive, including:
- Human simulation equipment for the nursing Simulation Center
- Furnishings and equipment for the Learning Resources, Student Center and Joseph L. Heirman University Center
- Technology advancements, including computers and furnishings across campus classrooms
- Laboratory innovations and upgrades, specifically physics, mathmatics, writing and nursing labs
- Landscaping, sustainability and campus beautification
- Signage improvements, both internal and external throughout the campus
- Books and periodicals in the library
- Additions to the college's art program and art collections
- Expansion of cultural enrichment opportunities
- Many other purposes
In addition to the annual fund drive, focused advancement campaigns provide the margin of excellence required to excel and enhance learning opportunities. Most recently, Smart Classrooms were added to the Escanaba and Iron Mountain campuses allowing interactive television (iTV) instruction between the two campuses, as well as with K-12 partners. This advancement has allowed expanding opportunities for pre-professional courses and programs to be offered on West Campus, and dual enrollment options to be taught at partnering high schools.
Major Gifts & Planned Giving
Planned giving offers a broad spectrum of possibilities tailored to your life situation. Major gifts and bequests through charitable trusts and wills are the most popular option.