Please review the guidelines below for International Admission to Bay College.
- Submit a completed Online Application to the Admissions Office. This includes providing placement scores from SAT, ACT or on-campus assessment.
- Submit an official copy of English proficiency results. Applicants whose native language is not English must have successfully completed three academic years of English in high school and obtained a score of 500 on the TOEFL Test of or a score of 173 on the computer based version or a score of 61 on the internet based version.
- Before admissions, applicants must arrange to have at least $20,000.00 in United States currency for each academic year to cover expenses. Bay College does not have financial aid for international students.
- Before international students are permitted to register they are required to carry an approved medical insurance program to cover major medical expenses.
- Students must send a high school transcript and any other college transcripts to www.wes.org or www.ece.org or www.ierf.org for evaluation.
- Students who are transferring from another U.S. school, must complete and submit the International Student Transfer Form.
- International students are required to provide documentation that they have access to at least $15,000.00 in American currency for each academic year to cover educational and living expenses. This can be accomplished with a statement from a financial institution. If a local sponsor will be responsible for all or a portion of the educational and living expenses for the international student, the sponsor must also submit a letter indicating same.
- International students must be enrolled full time (a minimum of 12 credits) and will be assessed tuition and fees based on the out-of-state tuition rate.
- International students must pay a $200 SEVIS fee which is required by the United States government. This fee is payable before a student goes to the United States embassy or consulate for the visa interview. Learn more by visiting the US Visitor and Exchange program website.
- Students should have local sponsors who will be responsible for the student while he/she is attending Bay College.
- When an international student is accepted for admission, an I-20 will be prepared and mailed to the student.
- We recommend you complete the application process 3 months prior to the semester you would like to start.