What is Bay Sages?
Bay Sages is an organization designed by and for retired and semi-retired adults who share the love of learning. Bay Sages was established in 1995 and is sponsored by and affiliated with Bay de Noc Community College.
Benefits of membership include:
A sampling of mini-courses and activities includes:
- General membership meetings monthly with presentations on various educational topics
- Monthly newsletter; (click here for the most recent Bay Sages Perspective Newsletter)
- Member-determined mini-courses and “ed-ventures”;
- Learning experiences without grades, exams or tests;
- Reduced prices for selected Bay College-sponsored events;
- Networking, sharing and learning among members and friends;
- Get together for just plain fun.
- Upper Peninsula historical topics
- On the Bay Reading Club
- Lunches and Picnics
- Movies with discussion
- Courses such as astronomy, psychology, computers, great books, the Constitution and Bill of Rights, etc.
“Ed-venture” tours and field trips are often offered, giving members an opportunity to get to know one another socially. Members have enjoyed learning the U.P. history of Grand Marais, Whitefish Point, Blaney Park, Nahma and visiting other interesting locations.
Members are encouraged to recommend topics of interest for course offerings. Separate fees may be associated with special course offerings, activities and tours.
The Bay Sages meetings are held on the first Thursday of every month (10 a.m.) (except July) in the conference rooms of the Joseph Heirman University Center on the Bay College campus. Guests are welcome.
For additional information, contact:
Bay de Noc Community College
2001 North Lincoln Road
Escanaba, MI 49829
Room 956, Joseph Heirman University Center