Professional AND Workforce Development
One of the hardest business expenses to justify when budgeting can be training and education for employees. Investing in your employees through training and development is an important step towards growing your business and retaining your workforce.
A recent Louis Harris and Associates poll reports among employees with poor training opportunities, 41 percent planned to leave within a year. Only 12 percent planned to leave among those who considered their company's training opportunities to be excellent, resulting in a retention rate more than two-thirds higher. Trained staff are happier and more likely to stay put.
Your training and development needs are a top priority at Bay College. We will work with you to customize, research and collaborate on trainings that will aid in employee satisfaction and retention and ultimately your bottom line.
Below is a listing of our upcoming professional development trainings, this listing is updated regularly. Sign up to be the first to know about our newest trainings.
Negotiation Skills: Strategies for Increased Effectiveness
Friday, January 26, 2018 - 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM at Bay West Campus
8 hours | $335 a person | 6 open seats (out of 10)
Negotiating is a part of everyday life. We negotiate in our work, with our friends, and even our family members. In this class, participants will learn what negotiation is and how to get the most from their personal negotiations. Participants will discover their personality style and how to negotiate effectively with other personality styles. Participants will also explore strategies for negotiating, and how to apply the four-step process for successfully negotiating with other parties.
Outline of topics:
- Personality types
- Preparing for negotiation
- Opening the negotiation
- Exchange information and bargain
- Handle opposition
- Close the negotiation
- Two intro ice breakers
- What’s your situation activity
- What’s your personality style activity
- Influencing personality types quiz
- Small talk and small talk activity
- Dealing with negative emotions
- Skills practice and feedback
Expert Manufacturing and Transactional Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt | Coaching | Human Capital Development | Team Building
Kurt has worked with MEP’s in Michigan and Nebraska and has sub-contract consulted on large projects with other consulting companies. He’s also worked with the Defense Manufacturing Assistance Program and the University of Michigan, the Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, and the Workforce Development Agency winning grants to help manufacturers and other businesses train their employees.
Kurt has trained or consulted with over 30 companies in the food service, lumber, automotive, insurance, tool and die, steel, mining, brewing, and other industries. Kurt has written many papers and has made many presentations to industry specific organizations such as the Society for Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration and the International Society for Optics and Photonics.
Build your own Website: Create a Custom Website on Weebly
SPONSORED BY BREITUNG TOWNSHIP SCHOOLS
Thursday, February 15, 2018 - 12:30 PM - 4:30 PM (CST)
If you've always wanted to get a website for your business or for a personal interest then this is going to be the course for you. You can have your own website in a matter of hours. Don't worry if you don't know HTML, CSS, PHP, or any of those other silly acronyms. Weebly's simple drag and drop interface makes it easy to add text, photos, videos, and other elements to your website.
Bay West Campus | 4 hours | $50 a person | 20 seats
- Creating pages
- Adding elements to your page such as text, photos, and videos
- Creating a contact form
- Creating a navigation menu
- Adding a blog to your website
- Registering your own domain name
- Publishing your site
- And much more
Introduction to Photoshop
Tuesday, March 6, 2018 - 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM (CST) and
Thursday, March 8, 2018 - 12:30 PM - 4:00 PM (CST)
Bay West Campus | 8 hours | $180 a person | 15 seats
The purpose of this classis to introduce basic Photoshop features and concepts so that you can use the program effectively. By the time you complete this module, you should be able to use Photoshop to open files and scan images, move around images using navigation tools, understand basic imaging concepts, do basic image editing, and prepare images for print and online presentations.
- Tour of desktop/interface
- Use the different tools and tool options
- Make selections
- Work with Layers and Text
- Import bitmap and vector images
- Use basic image correction techniques
- Make basic retouching and repairing of images
- How to mask images
- Use filters and layer styles
- Manage digital images
- Use filters, blend modes and layer styles
- Save images for print and web
Managing Stress, Thoughts and Emotions leading to Improved Conflict Resolution
Wednesday, March 7, 2018 - 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM (CST)
Designed for those who need to learn how to cope with conflict, irritation, frustration, anger and stress
Bay West Campus | 8 hours | $225 a person | 15 seats
associated with differing value systems and personalities in the workplace. .Participants will be equipped to prevent and better handle conflict in the work place, and in their personal lives. They will be given tools which will influence and propel their organization’s culture in a positive direction.
- Improved Conflict resolutions Skills
- Demonstrate steps to resolving conflict
- Stress Management Skills
- Learn to re-think reactions
- Understand other’s reactions
- Identify personal triggers
- Learn techniques to control one’s thoughts and emotions instead of being controlled by them
- Become an Active Listener
- Learn to express oneself in I-messages
- Possess empathy skills
- The courage to take personal responsibility
- Become pro-active in preventing conflict
Taught by Connie Tressedder
Classes to be announced soon:
- Microsoft Excel - Introduction (MARCH)
- Microsoft Excel - Intermediate (MARCH)
- Adobe Illustrator - Introduction (APRIL)
- Three Part Social Media Series for Businesses (APRIL)
- Preparing and Delivering a Dynamic Presentation (APRIL)
- Delivering Exceptional Customer Service (APRIL)