Math Boot Camp Begins
Refresh your math skills. Math Camps will be in pre-algebra and basic algebra. Each eight-day intensive camp will provide instruction and allow participants to prepare for the COMPASS assessment.
Students who participate in Boot Camp will:
● Refresh and improve math and test-taking skills
● Practice and prepare for a COMPASS assessment at the end of Boot Camp
● Have the opportunity to shorten the time needed to complete a degree by testing out of
Transitional-level, semester-long courses that do not fulfill degree requirements
● Build relationships with classmates and college staff
● Become familiar with the campus
● Build self-confidence
Space is limited to 12 participants for each subject area. Registration is required.
For more information, or to register for a Boot Camp email Jennifer McCann, Transitional Studies Coordinator, or call 906.217.4006 or 800.221.2001, Ext. 4006.
Monday July 28 through Thursday July 31 AND Monday August 4 through Thursday August 7, 2014
9-11:30 EST: Pre-Algebra
9-11:30 EST: Basic Algebra