Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA)
The MTA is designed to facilitate the transfer of general education requirements between participating Michigan institutions with 30 credits of lower-level general education from the sending institution being accepted as a block by the receiving institution.
By completing an Associate in Art or an Associate in Science degree, students will have earned MTA. Student can also meet the requirements of MTA by completing the specified courses.
What are the distributions of credits that must be met for the MTA*?
- One course in English Composition (ENGL 101)
- A second course in English Composition or one course in Communications (ENGL 102, 145, or COMM 103, 104, or 120)
- Two courses in Social Sciences (from two disciplines)
- Two courses in Humanities and Fine Arts (from two disciplines excluding studio and performance classes)
- Two courses in Natural Sciences including one with laboratory experience (from two disciplines)
- One course in Mathematics that should be satisfied by an entry-level college course (MATH 107, 110, 111, 141, or 210 or higher)
For a list of Bay College courses that meet MTA requirements, click here.
The Michigan Transfer Agreement (MTA) replaced the MACRAO Agreement for new students enrolled for the first time in the Fall semester 2014. Students who attended prior to Fall 2014 can still complete the MACRAO agreement until the end of Summer 2019 or can opt into MTA.