Apply as an international student
How to Apply as an International Student
- Submit a completed online application to the Admissions Office. This includes providing placement scores from SAT, ACT or on-campus assessment.
- Submit an official copy of English proficiency results. Applicants whose native language is not English must have successfully completed three academic years of English in high school and obtained a score of 500 on the TOEFL Test of or a score of 173 on the computer based version or a score of 61 on the internet based version.
- Before admissions, applicants must arrange to have at least $20,000.00 in United States currency for each academic year to cover education and living expenses. Bay College does not have financial aid for international students. This can be accomplished with a statement from a financial institution. If a local sponsor will be responsible for all or a portion of the educational and living expenses for the international student, the sponsor must also submit a letter indicating same.
- Before international students are permitted to register they are required to carry an approved medical insurance program to cover major medical expenses.
- Students must send a high school transcript and any other college transcripts to www.wes.org or www.ece.org or www.ierf.org for evaluation.
- Students who are transferring from another U.S. school, must complete and submit the International Student Transfer Form.
- International students must be enrolled full time (a minimum of 12 credits) and will be assessed tuition and fees based on the international student rates.
International students must pay the SEVIS fee which is required by the United States government. This fee is payable before a student goes to the United States embassy or consulate for the visa interview. Learn more by visiting the U.S. Visitor and Exchange program website.
- Students should have local sponsors who will be responsible for the student while he/she is attending Bay College.
- When an international student is accepted for admission, an I-20 will be prepared and mailed to the student.
- We recommend you complete the application process 3 months prior to the semester you would like to start.