Bay College/LSSU Regional Center BPA Students Win seven 1st Place Finishes at Nationals!
The Bay College/LSSU Regional Center Business Professionals of America (BPA) student club took home seven 1st places during competition at the organization's National Leadership Conference (NLC) in Dallas, Texas this past weekend, and all five students placed in the top 3 of their respective events.
Austin DeGrand, BPA President, placed 1st at the NLCs in Business Law and Ethics and 3rd place in Banking & Finance. “NLC was a major learning experience and an excellent professional development opportunity for me. I learned a lot about what it means to be a business professional and was able to further develop my leadership and banking skills, through various student competitions and professional development workshops. The NLC experiences will help me in succeeding in the next chapter of my life.” Austin stated.
Student results are as follows:
- Austin DeGrand – 1st Place Business Law & Ethics, 3rd Place Banking and Finance, and 3rd Place Fundamental Desktop Publishing
- Erik Beals – 1st Place Computer Security – IT Specialist Network Security, 1st Place Business Meeting Management, 1st Place Digital Marketing Concepts, and 1st Place Parliamentary Procedure Concepts
- Dylan Messina – 1st Place Linux Operating System Fundamentals and 2nd Place Device Configuration and Troubleshooting
- Maia Roll – 2nd Place Business Meeting Management
- Nicole Noblet – 1st Place Fundamental Desktop Publishing and 2nd Place Ethics and Professionalism
Maia Roll, Bay College BPA Past President and current BPA Officer Mentor, reflects on her time at NLC, “I have enjoyed all four of the National Leadership Conferences I have attended throughout my time in college. At each NLC, I’ve been able to attend workshops, network with students and other business professionals, and experience new places. NLC has provided me the opportunity to step out of my comfort zone both personally and professionally. I am thankful for the support of my advisor, staff at Bay College, and the community in making this possible for students like myself to attend these conferences.”
College students from across America converge every year to compete and test their skills at the BPA National Leadership Conference. The 2023 BPA National Leadership Conference will be held in Anaheim, California.
“Our professional development at this level would not be possible without the financial support of this year’s sponsors: Delta County Community Foundation, Cal Valves, Great Lakes First Federal Credit Union, Fraternal Order of Eagles, Upward Talent Council, and Walmart Stores. Thank you sponsors!”