The Wizard of Oz at Bay College
A Call for Art
The aim of the exhibition, The Wizard of Oz is to tell the story of the novel by translating the narrative of the book into the visual narrative of the exhibition including all of its complex and multilayered meanings. Submitted works can be sculpture, film, video, sound, drawing, performance installation and photography. The works can explore and are not limited to the following topics from serious to playful, home, utopia, dystopia, diaspora, mortality, machines, illusions, good vs. evil, childhood, memory, witches, anxieties, loss, family and poverty.SUBMIT ARTWORK
Open to residents of United States, 18 years and older. Work in all media is welcome. Any work previously exhibited at the gallery is not eligible.
There is a $20 fee to submit up to five images; the curator will select specific pieces for the exhibition based on these submissions.
*Information to follow for submissions– apply 3-5 images (format: jpeg; 72 dots per inch; Title_Name_Surname.jpg; limit for one image: 1 MB)
- Curator’s Choice Permanent Collection Acquisition Award- $500.00
- An Audience Choice Award- $200.00 (This award will be given at the end of the exhibition, based on votes by visitors to the exhibition.)
- August 7, 11:59 PM EST: Entries Due
- August 9: Curator decisions sent via e-mail
- September 16-18, 5:00 PM ET: Artwork due at the museum*
- September 25-November 12: Exhibition dates
- Thursday, October 24, 2-4 pm: Reception and Curator’s Talk
*Accepted entries will need to be shipped or delivered to the gallery ready to display. Paid shipping label for artwork return must be included with shipped work. Artists who hand-deliver their work can pick it up on November 13 from 10 - 2 pm and November 14 from 10 - 4 pm.
Accepted artists will be required to submit images and artist statements for the exhibition publication.