Campus Pandemic Information
Stay informed, healthy and safe
Bay College will require all students, staff, faculty, and visitors to wear a face covering that covers the mouth and nose when indoors on College property. Employees will not be required to wear a face covering while in their office. Please respect others, frequently hand wash and maintain a respectible distance. Campus cleaning and sanitizing has also increased to keep #baysafe.
Students employees, and visitors should proactively monitor their health. Community members planning to visit campus are to pass the online health screening form prior to visiting campus. If ill, stay home and seek health advice as needed. Bay College follows public health protocols related to isolation and treatment for individuals exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or test positive.
|Week||Main Campus||West Campus||*Main/West||Online Only|
|Aug 23-Aug 29||2||2||0||0|
|Aug 30-Sep 5||8||1||0||0|
|Sep 6-Sep 12||5||1||0||1|
|Sep 13-Sep 19||2||0||0||0|
|Sep 20-Sep 26||3||0||0||1|
|Sep 27-Oct 3||2||0||0||1|
|Oct 4-Oct 10||4||1||1||0|
|Oct 11-Oct 17||3||0||0||0|
|Oct 18-Oct 24||0||0||0||0|
|*Cases associated with both campuses|
Bay College is open to serve you. All classes at Bay College are conducted in person on campus, in a flexible hybrid format, and or online per course syllabi.
Fall Semester starts August 30, 2021.
Bay Safe Campus
All Bay students are required to participate in the training program designed to inform, educate and encourage healthy living and learning on campus. Complete the self-screening each day prior to entering campus.
Bay College has 4 instructional delivery methods that are currently being used to deliver education to students. Courses are scheduled in various delivery methods for a variety of reasons.
- On-Campus: A traditional face-to-face course is taught in-person with on-campus attendance. Days, times and location of on-campus courses are provided within the college course schedule. On-campus courses may also utilize online materials or online assignment submission.
- Online: An online course is delivered entirely online. An online course requires students to complete regular online assignments with specified deadlines..
- On-Campus Hybrid: An on-campus hybrid course is a blended course that combines on-campus attendance with content delivered online. An on-campus hybrid course may also utilize virtual meetings in place of on-campus meetings. Days, times and location of potential on-campus sessions or virtual meetings are provided within the college course schedule which also indicates an online course component.
- Online Hybrid: An online hybrid course is a blended course that combines scheduled virtual meetings with content delivered online. Days and times of virtual meetings are provided within the college course schedule which also indicates an online course component.
- Testing Notice for Proctored Exams: You may be required to use Respondus Monitor (web-recorded) for proctored exams or go to the testing center at the Main campus or West campus or an alternate proctored location. Please contact your instructor and the testing services manager if you need assistance locating an approved location. There may be a cost associated with the proctoring, which is the student’s responsibility. Occasionally a course will require a faculty to teach remotely to different locations using Independent Television (ITV) or other video conferencing software to deliver a course to multiple locations at the same time. A course may be delivered this way to satisfy an on-campus component of course delivery.
Bay College understands students often encounter challenges. Each student has an assigned faculty advisor and co-advisor ready to assist and help resolve issues that arise. Support is available online and in person on campus. Co-advisors may help you request tutoring, navigate Blackboard, answer questions around course deadlines, and refer you to needed services. If you are not sure who your faculty advisor or co-advisor is, visit myBay (Login required) and click on "My Academic Advisor Report."
Blackboard Online Learning System
Refer to the Bay College Blackboard Quick Start Guide for Students to learn the basics of Blackboard, accessing courses, and online learning.
Online Learning Resources
Resources to help students be successful in online courses are available in the Online Academic Success Center within Blackboard. Review as many times as necessary to feel comfortable with your online experience. Refer to Going the distance: How to excel in online classes for additional tips on distance learning. For questions or support, contact onlinehelp_FROM_BAY_COLLEGE.
Tutoring and academic assistance is available to all students on campus in the HUB or student success center and online. To request tutoring, fill out the Tutor Request Form on the Online Academic Success Center course within Blackboard. For more information, email the Student%20Success%20Center.
Testing Center and New Student Placement
Testing Centers on each campus are open for placement, and other testing by appointment. Visit myBay (login required) to schedule a test and complete placement assessments for math, reading, and writing.
Bay College offers its students access to the Student Food Pantry on both campuses. Login to myBay to access the Student Food Pantry pantry hours of operation and pickup instructions. For more information, Email trio_FROM_BAY_COLLEGE or phone 906-217-4133 or West Campus 906-302-3004.
Bay College Library
The Bay College Library's online and physical collection is available to students, faculty, and staff on both campuses. West Campus students and employees may request materials through inter-campus mail. The library's digital collections are available from the Bay College Library website.
Student Computers and IT Support
A limited number of computers and hot-spots are available for students in need. To check out, visit or email the Bay%20College%20Library. For any technical support please contact the IT department at ithelp_FROM_BAY_COLLEGE or call 906-217-4025.
High speed internet via WiFi is available on campus, and has been extended to outside parking areas on the Escanaba Campus and West Campus. Many internet providers offer free or discounted internet services to students.
You may feel frustrated or frightened during these challenging times. Confidential student mental health services are available and free to students by calling 906-217-4156 on the Escanaba Campus or 906-776-4357 on the West Campus. If there is a mental health or medical emergency, dial 911.
Student Housing and Dining
If you're interested in living on campus, please visit the student housing webpage. Café Bay is open on Wednesday and Thursdays during the summer, Monday through Thursday during Fall and Winter Semesters.
Norse athletics will follow NJCAA guidelines and recommendations.
Bay College is open, serving the higher education and workforce training needs of our communities.
Community space on campus is available on a limited basis for educational and enrichment purposes. For questions concerning upcoming reservations or facility rentals, call Event Services at 906-217-4040 or email events_FROM_BAY_COLLEGE.
Visit the Workforce Training and Development website for updates regarding workforce training, conferences and course offerings. For more information, Email workforcetraining_FROM_BAY_COLLEGE or call Rene Lundberg at 906-217-4224 (Main Campus) or Gina Wollner at 906-302-3012 (West Campus).
Importance of Protective Measures
Protect your health and the health of others. This includes staying home when ill. Unvaccinated individuals are requested to wear masks inside campus or when not able to physically distance outside. Bay College is following the Michigan Safe Start Plan and health department guidelines. To track the risk phases of COVID-19 in Michigan, visit the MI Safe Start Map.
Working from Home
For helpful tips on working from home, refer to Bay College's Working from Home: Essentials for Working Off-Site.
Online Learning Resources
For more information regarding Zoom, Blackboard, Panopto lecture capture and more, visit the Online Learning web page.
Standard College office hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET (West campus, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM CT). Services areas may offer hours outside of these hours to accommodate student and community needs, and by appointment. Buildings are open beyond service hours, and vary per campus.
Employee support services information such as Employee Assistance Program (EAP) information can be found on myBay (Login required). Counseling services are also available to Bay College employees and their families free of charge via Bay College's EAP program.
All domestic and international travel related to college business is limited, and may be approved on a case-by-case basis.
Through the Congress approved CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security) Act, Bay College has been awarded emergency financial aid grants directly to Bay College students for authorized expenses related to the disruption of campus operations due to coronavirus. Qualifying students, based on Federal Government CARES Act guidelines received these fund. Additional funds may be forthcoming and available by completing the CARES Emergency Grant Form. For more information, email the Financial%20Aid%20Office or call 906-217-4020.CARES EMERGENCY GRANT FORM CARES ACT DISCLOSURE
Student Portion Public Reporting
- Cares Act (HEERF I) 30 Day Fund Report
- Cares Act (HEERF I) 45 Day Fund Report 1
- Cares Act (HEERF I) 45 Day Fund Report 2
- Final Cares Act (HEERF I) 45 Day Fund Report 3
- CRRSAA (HEERF II) 30 Day Fund Report
- CRRSAA (HEERF II) 45 Day Fund Report I
- CRRSAA (HEERF II) 45 Day Fund Report II and ARP (HEERFIII) Fund Report 1
- CRRSAA (HEERF II) 45 Day Fund Report III and ARP (HEERF III) 45 Day Fund Report 1
- CRSSAA (HEERF II) 45 Day Fund Report IV and ARP (HEERF III) 45 Day Fund Report 2
Institutional Portion Reporting
- Cares Act (HEERF I) Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting (Quarter End 9-30-20)
- Cares Act (HEERF I) Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting (Quarter End 12-31-20)
- Cares Act (HEERF I) Quarterly Budget and Expenditure Reporting (Quarter End 03-31-21)