Online Courses by Program
Explore your options.
Online courses are entirely online requiring students to complete online assignments with specified deadlines.
Online hybrid courses are blended courses combining scheduled virtual meetings with content delivered online.
On-campus hybrid courses are blended courses combining on-campus attendance with content delivered online.
On-campus courses are taught in-person requiring on-campus attendance, but may also utilize online materials.
Bay College online courses.
Your online learning questions answered.
HUB 800 (Escanaba Campus)
Joseph Mold: Executive Director - Escanaba Campus HUB 844
Edie Erickson: Instructional Designer - Remote
Lindsey Dailey: Assistant Instructional Designer - Remote
Students can receive support for technical issues they encounter related to online learning. We can help with Blackboard, MyBay, Respondus Lockdown browser and Respondus browser and just about any other problem you encounter with your online courses.
Know that your online courses at Bay are not self-paced and require reliable access to the Internet. As an online learner at Bay College you should be prepared and engaged in your coursework, especially on the first day of class. Take a few minutes to explore and familiarize yourself with your online course when you enter it for the first time. Read the start here page and the syllabus thoroughly. Ask yourself, “Does this look like a course that I can be successful in?” Then, if you have questions, contact your instructor.
Understand that a course syllabus is a contract between both your instructor and you, and that a course syllabus is subject to change with prior notice. If a schedule is provided, print it off, or save it to your computer. As an online learner it is essential for you to know at a glance what and when things need to be completed in your online course.
If discussion boards are used in your course take the time in them to develop thoughtful responses to discussion topics. Do not just say yes, no, or I agree. Use your textbooks, along with other sources, back up your point, and always cite those sources you do use. One benefit of taking an online course is that you are given time to consider what you will say and how you will say it. Make your contributions meaningful.
Make an effort to connect with your fellow classmates. They can be as important of a resource to you as the instructor of your course. Plan to check your online course and Bay College email account at least every other day. Doing so will help you stay active, involved, and on track for success in your online course. Additionally, you will frequently receive important announcements via your email.
Save your work early, often, and before you submit it. This way you will have a record of your work, and you will be able to resubmit your work in the event of any technical mishap. Always put your first initial and last name on any document or file you submit in your online course.
If you start to fall behind in your online course do not wait. Do the next assignment/activity in the course. Make an effort first, and while you are doing that, talk to your instructor to discover how you can best catch up. If you are having an issue, be it technical, or otherwise, contact your instructor immediately.
This is especially important in an online course. There are software programs that detect plagiarism (copying others work). Also, IP address can be traced, test times can be compared, and questions can be easily evaluated to detect cheating in online exams. If you are not sure what would be considered plagiarism or cheating, please ask your instructor.
The Bay College IT Help Desk can help with technical questions, computer problems, downloading software, webcams, microphones, log in problems, setting up email on your phone and more.
- Escanaba Campus Location - JHUC 908M
- Phone: 906-217-4025 (for all students and locations)
- Email: ithelp_FROM_BAY_COLLEGE
- West Campus Iron Mountain Location - Main Floor Computer Lab
- West Campus IT Help Desk: Phone: 906-302-3025
Online support is available during regular business hours 8:30 - 5pm EST (Summer Hours M - Thursday 7:30 - 5:30pm EST - End of May - August 1)
How to Login to myBay
- Locate your username and password included in your acceptance letter which was delivered to your home
- Your default username is firstname.lastname (For example, john.doe)
- Your default password consists of the word Welcome (capital W), followed by a comma, then your ID number. For example, if your ID number is 12345, then your password will be: Welcome,123455
How to Setup Your myBay Account
- Access the Password Manager webpage on myBay.
- Login with your default username and password.
- Review and accept the security policy.
- Setup 3 secret questions.
- Change the default password.
- If you struggle to remember your account information you may want to save your username, security questions, answers, and password on paper for future referencee
Yes. In order to better prepare you for online and hybrid courses, all new online and hybrid students will be required to complete an orientation course in Blackboard online. This course will take approximately 1 hour to complete and must be completed in order for you to have access to your online courses. As soon as you register as a new online student you will automatically be enrolled in the Online Learning Orientation course in Blackboard. After you complete this course it will take about an hour (M-F) to log your completion status and give you access to your online courses. Do it ASAP before the semester starts. Follow the steps below to access and complete the Online Orientation course:
- Go to the Blackboard login page
- Login with your username and password
- Click on the course title, "Online learning Orientation" and to enter the course
- Proceed to complete the "Online learning Orientation" course
The college runs an integration process. This process takes 1 hour to run Monday - Friday 8 AM - 6 PM (EST)
Your courses will be available the first day of the semester.
Make sure you are using Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari web browsers.
Cookies are files stored on your computer or device that allows a web site to store information and then access that information every time you go back to a site. One of the many items a site stores in a cookie file is login information. If you have encountered one of the issues described above you may need to delete this cookie information that is being stored in your browser.
How to Clear Cookies in Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox
- Click on the hamburger menu located on the right side of the browser
- Click "Options"
- Click the "Privacy" tab
- Click "Clear Your Recent History"
- Set Time range to clear to: "Everything"
- Click the checkbox next to "Cookies"
- Click the "Clear Now" button
- Click "OK"
- How to Clear Cookies in Google Chrome
How to Clear Cookies in Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome
- Click the menu drop down button
- Click "Settings"
- On the upper left side click "History"
- Click "Clear Browsing Data..."
- Change the field next to the text “Obliterate the Following Items from” to say “The Beginning of Time”
- Select "Delete Cookies and Other Site and Plug-in Data"
- Click "Clear Browsing Data""
You’ll need a computer to successfully complete online courses at Bay College. Not all features and content are accessible using mobile devices. In most situations you will need access to either a computer or laptop in order to successfully complete an online course in Blackboard.
Yes. If you are taking a class that uses Blackboard, you can use the Blackboard App!
Blackboard App for Students
The Blackboard app is Blackboard's mobile solution designed especially for students. The app provides an intuitive way to interact with courses and content. The Blackboard app can be used throughout a student's academic journey to stay on top of coursework and plan ahead. The Blackboard app for students is available for iOS at the Apple App store, Google Play store and Windows App store now for FREE. You can access Blackboard Learn, get grades, and participate in discussions on your mobile device. Download the Blackboard app today!APP FOR STUDENTS
Blackboard App for Instructors
Blackboard Instructor gives instructors a simple and intuitive way to manage courses, interact with students, and view content. The Blackboard Instructor app for Instructors is available for iOS at the Apple App store, Google Play store now for FREE. You can manage your courses, send announcements, and connect with students on your phone or tablet. Download Blackboard Instructor today!APP FOR INSTRUCTORS
The Bay College Library Provides laptops and internet hotspots for student checkout.
- Phone: 206-217-4055
- Email: libraryhelp_FROM_BAY_COLLEGE
Bay College Testing Services has computers with Respondus already installed. Please schedule an appointment if you need to take a proctored test.
- Main Campus Testing Center - Escanaba HUB 876
- Phone: 906-217-4053
- Email: testingservices_FROM_BAY_COLLEGE
- Schedule your testing appointment through Testing Services in myBay
- West Campus Computer Lab Iron Mountain: Phone: 906-302-3200