Your college academic record
What are Transcripts?
A record of your school career. You can find these on your transcript:
- The degree you earned and the date you earned it
- The courses you took and the grade you earned
- Your GPA
Unofficial vs. Official
These are for your records to reference only – you can get a copy of these on myBay if you are a current student up to a year after the last semester you attended. After that you will need to order an official copy
Reasons you might need an unofficial transcript:
- Reference your GPA or earned credits
- Meet with your next college’s advisor
These must come from Bay College or Parchment to the person/place requesting an official transcript.
Reasons you might need an official transcript:
- Admission/Transfer at your next college
- Proof of credentials for a certification
- At employer request
- Applications into programs
A couple things to note about ordering an official transcript:
- If you have a financial obligation to Bay College, you will need to get that resolved before your transcript can be sent.
- There is a $5.00 fee for transcripts
- All transcripts sent through Parchment are official and need to be sent directly to the person/place requesting the transcript.
- If you’re unsure of your attendance dates approximate dates are acceptable
- Please verify the recipient information you provide is correct before finalizing order.
- Bay College will not provide refunds for transcripts that are sent to the wrong recipient email address or for downloads that have expired.
Parchment account information:
- If this is your first time ordering you will need to create an account.
- Use your personal email address to create this account.
- You will also need to provide the following:
- Identifying information (date of birth, last 4 digits of your SSN)