Federal Financial Aid
Apply today, thrive tomorrow
Complete the FAFSA
By completing the Free Application for Federal Aid (FAFSA) you're applying for federal grants, federal student loans and federal work-study. Follow the steps below to complete the FAFSA.
- Create your (and parent if required) FSA ID username and password at fafsa.gov
- Use Bay de Noc Community College school code 002240 when applying
- Individuals and families may file starting October 1 of the year prior to starting fall semester
- Complete the Bay College Admissions Application
- If you have change to your income, adjustments may be available. Reach out to the Financial Aid Office for begin this conversation.
Financial Aid 101 Webinars
Are you looking for an opportunity to learn more about financial aid? Below are webinars that you can register for.
Fall 2023, Winter 2024 and Summer 2024
- Free FAFSA Application: 2023-2024 FAFSA
- FAFSA Application Opens: October 1, 2022
- Income Information Needed to Complete FAFSA: 2021
FAFSA Application Deadline: June 30, 2024
Fall 2024, Winter 2025 and Summer 2025
- Free FAFSA Application: 2024-2025 FAFSA
- FAFSA Application Opens: December 31, 2023
- Income Information Needed to Complete FAFSA: 2022
FAFSA Application Deadline: June 30, 2025
To be eligible for Federal and State of Michigan financial aid programs you must:
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen with a valid social security number
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate, or have completed home schooling
- Not be in default on a federal student loan or owe a refund on a federal student grant
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible program of study, pursuing a degree, certificate, or other recognized credential
- Make satisfactory academic progress toward completing your degree or certificate
- Not have been convicted of possessing or selling illegal drugs while receiving federal student aid
- If you are a male and over the age of 18, be registered with the Selective Service
- Have been a continuous resident of Michigan for 12 months to be considered for State of Michigan programs
Financial Aid FAQ
- Personal information: Social security numbers, date of birth, etc. (and for your parents if you are a dependent student)
- Prior, prior year tax information (for example: Completing the 2023-2024 FAFSA requires 2021 tax information. (and for your parents if you are a dependent student).
- Information on savings, investments, and business and farm assets for yourself (and for your parents if you are a dependent student)
It shall be the policy of the Bay de Noc Community College Board of Trustees to assure the provisions of equal opportunity and equal access in educational acts. These provisions apply in all areas of employment, student services, and instructional programs. Discrimination because of any legally protected status, which includes but is not limited to, race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, political affiliation, age, height, weight, disability, marital or veteran status is prohibited.