Michigan Reconnect is a scholarship program that pays for you to attend your local community college tuition-free. You can use the scholarship to complete an associate degree or a skill certificate program. To be eligible, you must:
- Be at least 25 years old when you apply
- Have lived in Michigan for a year or more
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Have not yet completed a college degree (associate or bachelor’s)
- Not be in default on a federal student loan
Interested in a skill certificate from a training provider? Michigan Reconnect provides a limited number of $1,500 Skills Scholarship for Michiganders enrolled in an approved training program.
It's Never Too Late
An education beyond high school opens the door to many new opportunities. Michigan Reconnect can help you get there—tuition-free.
more per year in earnings with a two-year degree
of Michigan jobs will require education beyond high school
Reconnect will ensure that when you get your semester bill from the community college, the following items will be free to you:
- In-district tuition - Free
- Mandatory fees (fees charged to all students per semester or per hour) - Free
- Contact hours (extra charges for certain courses and programs) - Free
Reconnect is a last-dollar program, which means that any Pell grant funds you receive are applied to your tuition and fees bill first, with Reconnect paying what’s not covered by Pell. If you don’t qualify for a Pell grant, Reconnect will pay the full cost of tuition, mandatory fees, and contact hours, or the tuition difference from Delta County in-district tuition for out of district applicants.
For more information, Email Bay%20College%20Admissions or call 906-217-4010.
Bay College will help explore a career pathway that works for you! Together, we’ll help you connect courses, skills and credentials.