Great events begin at Bay College
Plan your next business or community event at Bay College. With two locations in Michigan's central Upper Peninsula, Bay College features spaces suitable for functions of all sizes - from intimate brainstorming sessions to full corporate conferences, trainings, and shows. Dedicated professionals will help you coordinate the perfect venue, including online space bookings, flexible setups, on-site catering, advanced technology and more. For more information, Email Event%20Services or call 906-217-4040.
Reserve your space at Bay College
What people are saying about events at Bay College
"Everything worked perfectly. Thank you for your help on short notice!"
"Nice not having to worry about any tech issues. Support was right there."
"It was a very nice facility. We will definitely use it again in the near future."
"I can guarantee that attendees will want to rent this space in the future."
Your event planning questions answered.
Bay College does not assume responsibility for damages to, or loss of, any merchandise or articles left prior to, during, or following an event. Users shall be liable for any damage to buildings or equipment other than normal wear and tear. Use of buildings and equipment by any user may be denied for previous improper use. Users may be asked to provide proof of liability insurance. The administration shall be the sole judge of the college's policy on facility use and of misuse or damage to buildings or equipment.
Bay College is an ADA compliant facility and special requests for accommodations shall be made to the Coordinators(s) prior to your event.
All special equipment and technical services of the AV Technician must be arranged with the Bay College Coordinator(s) 48 hours prior to event. For specific needs and technical questions about AV contact the AV Technical Coordinator(s). Costs are estimates and adjustments will be made based on actual use the day of the event. AV prices are subject to change. If AV is not ordered 48 hours prior there is no guarantee of equipment available.
Rental of the theater requires additional information and needs to be reserved 30 days prior to event date. Requests can be made by contacting the Escanaba Campus Community Events and Marketing Coordinator. Fees for the use of the theater, staff, and setup apply to all groups. Bay College reserves the right to adjust fees accordingly.
A $100.00 fee will be assessed to any group that has a signed contract and cancels an event less than five (5) business days prior to the event. The cancellation must be in written form and faxed or emailed to the Event Coordinator.
- Bay College provides a contracted caterer from Café Bay. Food is not allowed to be brought to campus without the permission of the caterer.
- Taxes of 6% will be charged on catering orders UNLESS the user group has a Michigan Sales and Use Tax Certificate of Exemption on file with the and Community Events and Marketing Coordinator’s office. This form must be submitted PRIOR to the event.
- Catering arrangements canceled within 48 hours of event will not be billed in full. The cancellation must be in written form and faxed to 906-217-1628 or Emailed to events_FROM_BAY_COLLEGE and cafe_FROM_BAY_COLLEGE. A call to the café should also be made.
- Café prices are subject to change.
In the event of mechanical failure, inclement weather, unavailability of personnel, utility outages, fire, windstorm, flood, war or civil insurrection, or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Bay College which would close campus facilities, this facility usage agreement will be void or modified to meet facility availability. Campus closures will be determined by 6:30 am EST. Closure and delay information will be recorded on the college phone and announced by local radio stations. Afternoon and evening closure delays will be announced by 2:30 pm EST. The user waives any claim for damage or compensation should this Agreement be terminated by Bay College for causes not under its control. Note: The College administration may authorize the opening of facilities in the event of extenuating circumstances, such as a paid speaker event, business training, etc.
- To request computer lab space, use the EMS Web App, with an online account. Follow the instructions to create an account or Log in. Please allow thirty (30) days prior to make a request.
- Fees apply to the rental of computer labs for profit and non-profit rentals. The fee includes the use of the projection system in the lab.
- If special software is requested to be added to computers, fees are charged per hour for setup and removal.
- Bay College is not responsible for training that cannot be held due to untimely planning.
Prior consent and approval must be obtained to secure signage, decorations, or other materials on walls of the campus. Specific guidelines are below:
- Use of nails, staples, tacks, pins, tape, glue, or adhesive on walls is not permitted
- Decorations, displays, or exhibits which require flame cannot be used
- All décor and signage must be removed following the event unless prior permission has been received
Bay College is pleased to offer an online Event Management System (EMS Web App) for events. The Web App will give options based on account settings to request spaces on both the Escanaba and Iron Mountain campuses. The Web App will also allow you to browse the events that are currently “confirmed” events, giving you the option to see if there is space available for the dates you are looking for (whether or not you have an account you will be able to view the calendar).
- CALENDARS: An online calendar is available at events.baycollege.edu. In the middle of the page you will find the option to view the event calendar for availability before making your request(s).
- To request a facility space at this link, select ‘Create an Account’
- Answer the questions and fill in all required questions. In the Notes section, add the location(s) where you will be requesting space. Please Note: There are specific templates for certain rooms or for spaces with video conferencing. Click Save.
- If your information and code was entered correctly and the email address is not being used by another user, you will receive this message: Your data was saved successfully, but your account is currently pending.
- You will receive an email confirming your account has been created.
- Please note: Each reservation is a REQUEST for space – when it has been reviewed by the Coordinator(s) you will receive another email.
Use of the Bay College name, logo, and image must be approved prior by Bay College. Users shall not represent directly, indirectly, or by implication that Bay College endorses any product, service, presentation, or event associated with user's utilization of the premises. The name and location of Bay College may be mentioned in the media as often as desired prior to or during a program for the purpose of promoting the program as long as sponsorship by Bay College is not implied. If use of the Bay College name, logo, or image are desired, specific written permission must be obtained.
Bay College accepts company checks, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover as forms of payment. In special circumstances, a deposit may be required. Payment is expected within thirty (30) days of receipt of the invoice. Payments may be made to the Cashier’s Office or call to make credit card payments.
Bay College strongly suggests a detailed layout request for the event. Bay College reserves the right to approve, and make changes to all floor plans and layouts of all setups, seating tables, serving stations and like items to enable safe and efficient service to your event. This includes service areas, breakdown areas, and aisle ways. Room setup is the responsibility of Bay College. Rooms can only be reserved for the capacity indicated by the coordinator and could be affected by other table or room requests that are made. Fees do apply to all room setups and are subject to change.
Revisions in group counts, times, date, or meals may necessitate the revision of rates and rental fee(s). All rooms must be vacated promptly at scheduled times per the contract. Bay College cannot guarantee that room setup and AV/IT requests will be in place if users arrive earlier than their reserved time. Non-profit groups will not be charged a room fee on certain rooms when renting during regularly scheduled building hours but, ALL other fees will apply. For-profit and non-profit groups charging a fee to their guests or vendor to attend their function, they will be charged as a for-profit group to rent the facility, including any additional fees that may apply. Charges on after hour events will not be adjusted. Rental fees are subject to change.
|Room Rate and Rental Fee (Business and Industry)||$40.00/hour||Charges for business and industry (For profit customers)|
|Room Rate and Rental Fee (Computer Lab and ITV Rooms)||$40.00/hour|
|Besse Center Theater||$100/hour — Including $40.00/hour setup fee|
|Custom Room Setup||$35.00|
|*Large Conference Setup/Use of Multiple Rooms||$100.00|
|Presentation Package||$50.00||For non or not for profit customers only|
|Presentation Package with Mic||$65.00||For non or not for profit customers only|
|IT Assistance||$35/hour||Charges for all customers|
|Phone Conferencing||$10.00||Charges for all customers|
|Flip Chart with Paper and Pens||$10.00||Charges for all customers|
|Overtime for Facilities Used Outside of Normal Business Hours||$60.00/hour||Charges for all customers|
|Overtime for Custodial and Maintenance||$35.00/hour||Charges for all customers|
|*Room rental fees waived for non or not for profit for conference rooms and classrooms (Large conference, IT assistance, setup, and A/V fees still apply)
*If non-profit group is charging participants for vendor or entry fees room reservation fees will not be waived
The use of the Bay College wireless network is provided free of charge to all guests of Bay College. Bay Guests who require the use of Bay College Technology and/or equipment may need to set up a guest account. People connected to this network can connect to any on campus resource that would be accessible from off campus. Only the most common set of Internet connections are allowed (HTTP, HTTPS, and various email ports). This network may require the use of VPN as it is restricted. If you do not have VPN and find your connection is being blocked please contact the Coordinator(s), you will be connected to the ‘BayCollege’ network instead. Guest accounts are subject to the same Board policies as student and employee accounts. To find these policies please refer to Board policy 1050 Internet and Computer Acceptable Use Policy, 1051 Password and Account Policy, 1052 Peer-to-Peer File Sharing Policy, and 1053 Remote Access Policy. A guest’s full name, photo ID, and phone number will be required to receive a guest account. It is suggested that you test all connections/login PRIOR to your day of training.